An afternoon with the Elephants in a Jungle Sanctuary
Interact with Thailand’s most iconic and best-loved animal in their natural habitat
Support the ethical and eco-tourism project by helping to feed and care for their rescued animals - each and every day counts!
Get a glimpse of life in the native Karen hill tribes; the project provides many Karen (indigenous) people with employment, education, and financial support
Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch
- Trip Duration: 6hs
- Available Languages: English / Chinese
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Special gear and equipment
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Have fun and interact with the beautiful and majestic elephants in Thailand. This is the ideal tour for animal and nature lovers. Experience the thrill and activity of a lifetime! For this half-day afternoon tour, you can spend quality time with the elephants, understanding their history and behavior. It's the perfect time to create beautiful memories with these animals.
Your driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Chiang Mai. The drive will take one and a half hours, as it is 60 kilometers away from Chiang Mai. The English speaking guide will greet you and give a short briefing before the activity starts. Spend time feeding, bathing, taking photos and playing with the elephants. At the end of the tour, you'll be given snacks and seasonal fresh fruits. Make sure to bring your hat, sunscreen and bathing suit, as the elephants can spray you with water from their trunks while bathing.
- 11.30am – 12.00pm
- Pick up from your hotel or accommodation.
- Drive approximately 1.5 hours outside of Chiang Mai through rural landscapes, agricultural areas, and forested hills.
- Arrive at the Karen village. Meet your guide and walk for 10-15 minutes through the village to the elephant sanctuary. Change into traditional Karen clothing. Enjoy an introductory lesson about elephant anatomy, history, and behaviour.
- Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in their natural home as you learn about their behaviour and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- Enjoy a lunch of traditional Thai food and fresh fruit.
- Walk with the elephants to the river. Bathe and brush the elephants.
- Eat a tradition meal and then say goodbye to the elephants
- Leave the Elephant camp and drive approximately 1.5 hour to Chiang Mai
- Drop off at your hotel or accommodation
I haven't had much experience with animals, so I was very nervous about this trip. However the elephants were very sweet and I even got someone to take a picture while I was bathing them. It was a pleasant day overall, and I'm glad I went through with my trip. I'd recommend this to anyone who needs to relax and have fun. I got a little dirty but overall I wouldn't change this experience for the world.