Uluwatu Temple and Kecak Dance Sunset Tour – Half Day
Visit one of Bali’s most iconic temples on a cliff by the sea: Uluwatu
Enjoy the sunset over some truly awe-inspiring waves
Watch the cultural Kecak Dance and “fire kicking” Performance
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 5hs
- Available Languages: English
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Certified tour guide / instructor
While pro surfers head to Uluwatu for its fabled hollow walls of water, we’re here for another element entirely: that of fire. The fiery sunset as seen from the temple-cliffs, and the flames that burn Hanuman, ardent devotee of Lord Rama from the Hindu Ramayana.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This is a proposal for a magical evening, starting from a leisurely 3pm pickup at your hotel to the dramatic close of the Kecak fire dance at sundown. We will drive to Uluwatu Temple while the sun is high on the sky; it sits on the edge of a cliff, absorbing the powerful atmosphere around it – you’ll feel it when you get there. Explore the beautiful temple grounds, take your time, before heading to the open-air amphitheatre fronting the sea. You might want to get there ahead of the crowds to get a good seat.
Let the performance begin: the story of Ramayana, an ancient Hindu epic performed by a male chorus. “Chak ke-chak ke-chak ke-chak,” they will chant, as their ancestors did during sanghyang, a trance-inducing exorcism dance. We’ll leave the rest of the dance-drama for you to experience.
The trip ends at the conclusion of the show, when you will be transported back to your accommodation or to your dinner restaurant of choice. Full day tour check here.
- Hotel Pickup
- Arrive at Uluwatu temple
- Enjoy the sunset Kecak dance performance by the sea
- Depart from Uluwatu Temple
- Return to hotel
- This tour is available only from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua; From other locations, the tour will require longer driving time and there will be an extra charge according to the location. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact pickup time