White Water Rafting on Telaga Waja River - Full Day
It includes: transfer, equipment, instructors, insurance, Balinese buffet, refreshments, showers & towels.
Two hours rafting down 14 kilometers on Bali’s longest white water rafting course
Panoramic views of mountains, rice fields, waterfalls, and stone cliffs from the river
Buffet-style Indonesian lunch included
Pickup & drop off to your hotel included
Join on Tuesday, 22 May for 10% off!
Join others for this trip on Tuesday, 22 May now to enjoy the discount.
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 8.5hs
- Available Languages: English / Indonesian
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Special gear and equipment
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Brave Bali’s longest and most challenging white water rafting course at Telaga Waja river, located 37km east of Ubud. The 14-kilometre course is Bali’s longest white water rafting track, comprised of sizeable waves, considerable drops, and sharp maneuvers earning it a grade of class 3-4 on the International Scale of River Difficulty (out of 6). However, the activity is safe enough for children from the age of seven (up to 65 years old). Rapid conditions depend on seasonal rainfall.
At the jump-off point lobby, you’ll immediately be greeted with a calming view of rice paddies below. That’s just the start of the stunning landscapes you’re going to see that day, as the raft also serves as front row seats to vistas of Bali’s lush mountains, rice fields, waterfalls, and stone cliffs. To preserve the beauty of the area, the operator donates a percentage of its profits towards environmental preservation, playing its part in the upkeep of Bali’s eco-tourism industry.
Since it’s an extreme sport kind of day, instead of walking to the starting point upon arrival at the river, you can opt to take the Bali Zipline to get there faster. Each raft can hold a maximum of 4 rafters accompanied by 1 professional guide*. Throughout the 2-hour trip down the river, there are sections in which you will need to lay down flat on the boat to pass under bamboo bridges crossing the river. ‘Graduation’ takes place in the form of a 4-metre jump at Bajing dam.
*Professional Raft Guides completed six-month training programmes and are proficient in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Note: Pickup/ Drop off it's included in the price listed. Please inform the name of your hotel during the checkout process.
- Hotel pickup (depending on your location; see below*)
- from Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Tanah Lot
- from Kuta, Seminyak
- from Sanur
- from Ubud, Tegallalang
- Drive to the location in air-conditioned transportation
- Arrive at Bali rafting start point. You’ll get a welcome drink (coffee or tea) and face towel.
- Fill out Registration Form and sign Insurance letter.
- Instruction and short briefing
- Start of the Bali Rafting adventure trip, taking 2 hours and 14kms to get to the finish point.
- End of Rafting
- Shower and change; staff will welcome you with fresh towels and pineapple juice.
- Buffet lunch at the riverside restaurant serving fresh and hot Indonesian food.
- Travel back to hotel.
- Arrive at hotel
- Pickup is available from any location. Free pickup from Uluwatu, Sawangan, Nusa dua, Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Canggu, Ubud. Free pickup from Candidasa with minimum 4 people or pay extra charge 200K. Free pickup from Singaraja with min. 6 people or pay extra charge 300K. Exact pickup time depends on participants respective locations. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time
Great! I would say one of the top 2 things we did in Bali - the other was sunrise at Mt Batur. We got the long track, and it didn't feel like we left too early, it was just the right amount of rafting for the day! Loved the whole white water course, something different and exciting to do in Bali. Just don't forget to wear sandals with straps on. Don't rent the operators sandals even if they try to coerce you into doing it.
really a good experience in white-water rafting. U MUST TRY IT!
Definitely the best experience we booked with Trip Guru so far. Zipline, rafting, lunch, pick up... all what we needed for a perfect day of outdoor sports! Well done Trip Guru
Great fun for our entire family. All the staff was very kind and fun and provide you all the security gear for this great sport.
Great Rafting day! We haven't found so much fun and adrenaline in our entire stay in Bali. Thanks, Trip Guru!
Amazing Experience from Trip Guru! We book for me and my 4 friends. This was the best activity we did in Bali so far.
Great day of rafting. Tons of adrenaline and action. Don't forget to bring your Go-Pro!!
Clean showers and change rooms. Lovely lunch in beautiful surroundings overlooking rice fields.
I had rafted on Ayung river Ubud many years ago and Telaga Waja was a much more exciting and challenging trip. It was AMAZING!
The rafting experience may not have been as challenging as I thought but I liked the fact that I could be floating on a river among the mountains safely~ Don't worry about whether it is dangerous because it is not!
The lush green backdrop will often keep you distracted from the rapids. It is a good thing the course is so easy, otherwise I may have fell out of the raft a few times staring at the beauty of the jungle.
Telaga Waja is personally my favourite river to go to because it is a little bit more exciting than the Ayung river. It is quite bumpy all the way through, with many mini waterfalls. What makes this route even more fun is that at the end, there is a 6 metre waterfall – don’t worry, it’s perfectly safe, the paddles will be taken away from you and you will be asked to sit in a specific way to avoid hurting yourself.