Wat Umong and Doi Suthep Temples Sunset Tour – Half Day
Includes: All entrance fees, transportation.
Attend a traditional monk ceremony at Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
Enjoy a sunset visit to Wat U-Mong temple
Catch stellar night views of Chiang Mai from the Doi Suthep mountain
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 5hs
- Available Languages: English
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Just outside of Chiang Mai, Thailand are the iconic Buddhist temples of Wat U-Mong and Doi Suthep. Wat U-Mong is a 700-year old temple built back in 1297. Known for its underground tunnels and forest surroundings, it is its chedi that captures the attention of visitors.
While most Chiang Mai travelers will flock by the bus load to Wat U-Mong, you are not most travelers. On this half day sunset tour, you’ll be picked up from your hotel and taken on a short drive to Wat U-Mong late afternoon when crowds are few and views are prime. Upon arrival, explore the underground tunnels, bask in the beauty of Chiang Mai’s temples and enjoy the forest surroundings. It is said that the trees in this forest have words of wisdom for those who pass by, so as you explore listen for the whispers—in Thai and English—from Mother Nature herself.
After Wat U-Mong, you’ll head to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (nicknamed ‘Doi Suthep’ after its mountain home) for a spectacular sunset that lights up the golden temple. At this ornate temple, which is reached by a 306-step staircase, you’ll enjoy unrivaled views of Chiang Mai at night. Doi Suthep is a popular Chiang Mai temple to visit, but at dusk you’ll have an uncrowded experience and enjoy a traditional monk ceremony at the Golden Pagoda. After an afternoon spent exploring Chiang Mai’s temples and enjoying sunset over the city, you’ll be swept away back to the comfort of your hotel.
- 5.10 pm
- Hotel pick-up and transfer
- 5.45 pm
- Arrive at Wat U-Mong temple
- 6.30 pm
- Depart for Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- 8.30 pm
- Enjoy a traditional monk ceremony at the Golden Pagoda
- 9.00 pm
- Transfer back to hotel
- Free pickup is available from Old City, Nimman, Huay Kaew, Chang Phuek, Airport, Train Station, Wat Kate, Nhong Hoi, Thapae, and within 2 Km from city area (Muang District). If your hotel is outside the free pickup area, you will need to meet at the meeting point in Thapae Gate.