Can Gio Mangrove Eco-friendly Forest Tour – Full Day
Includes: Can Giuoc Market, Giant Bat Lagoon, breakfast & lunch, entrance fees, transfer.
Sail down Vietnam’s Mekong Delta to the Can Gio Mangrove
Visit the local Can Giuoc Market at the mouth of the Mekong Delta
Feed crocodiles at a crocodile sanctuary in Vam Sat Eco Park
Snap photos at the famed Giant Bat Lagoon
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 9hs
- Available Languages: English
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Leave the bustling streets of Saigon and board a boat bound for the jungles of the Can Gio Mangrove. Once you’re picked up from your hotel, you’ll enjoy a light breakfast as you sail languidly towards the Mekong Delta.
At the mouth of the Mekong Delta, you’ll stop by the local Can Giuoc Market where you’ll enjoy a riverside shopping opportunity and snag some enviable Instagram photos to share with friends. As your boat continues on, you’ll glide past verdant jungle scenery before arriving at the Giant Bat Lagoon in the Can Gio Mangrove. Here, channel your inner David Attenborough as you look for lagoon-dwelling wildlife and the sleepy bats for which this lagoon is named.
Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch of fresh spring rolls and lemongrass chicken before heading to Vam Sat Eco Park. There, you’ll visit a crocodile reserve where you can observe the crocs, they can be more fascinating than you think... in a blood-chilling reptilian predator sort of way. Make sure to keep an eye out for pesky monkeys as they are notorious pickpockets in this part of town!
After a day of Vietnamese jungles and up-close animal encounters, you’ll enjoy a blissed-out boat ride all the way back to Saigon, arriving with ample time to spare before dinner.
- Meet the tour guide in your hotel lobby and head by car to the boat at Saigon’s Pier
- The boat will depart Saigon Pier’s in the morning and make its way to the verdant scenery of the Mekong Delta. As we glide into the jungle, you’ll enjoy a light breakfast of pastries or sandwiches, tropical fruit and Vietnamese coffee
- Visit the renowned Can Giuoc Market for some shopping and photo opportunities
- Arrive at the Giant Bat Lagoon in the Can Gio Mangrove and explore this awe-inspiring site before disembarking for a leisurely trek through the jungle
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch at a private riverside location
- Arrive in Vam Sat Eco Park, where you will visit a crocodile reserve, spot monkeys, enjoy crab fishing, and go bird-watching
- We’ll leave the jungles of Can Gio Mangrove and sail back towards Saigon’s Pier
- After a leisurely boat ride, our staff will transport you back to your hotel
You can only say amazing to this place, had a really close to nature day, enjoyed a lot, everything is well taken cared, really worth the trip!
Everything was so beautiful, I found myself taking pictures every few minutes. So glad I booked it, the animals were exciting and I felt happy seeing the local life along the river up close. Delicious food and our guide was polite and knowledgeable.