An Afternoon with the Karen Long Neck Tribe in Thailand
- Trip Duration: 3/4 hourshs
- Available Languages: English / Thai
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Want to spend the afternoon meeting the locals of Thailand? Book this tour today, and visit the one of country's hill tribes: the Karen Long Necks.
To the Karen tribe, a woman with a long neck is a symbol of beauty. This practice of placing brass rings around girls necks, is still alive and well, and you have the opportunity to see it firsthand. The day begins at 1:30pm, as you are picked-up from your hotel in Chiang Mai. After an hour long drive, you'll get to meet the Karen tribe, as well as the Lahu, Lisu, Mhong, Yao, and Akha tribe. Once the interaction period is done, you get to visit the Orchid Butterfly Farm or the Tiger Kingdom. In the Tiger Kingdom, you'll get a chance to play with tigers or tiger cubs. The trip will last around 3-4 hours. Transportation to and from your Chiang Mai hotel is included in the package.
- Hotel pick-up in Chiang Mai
- Arrive to village visit Karen Tribe, Lahu Tribe, Lisu Tribe, Mhong Tribe, Yao Tribe, Akha Tribe and Karen Long Neck Tribe see the way life
- Stop at Orchid and Butterfly farm and option for you to stop at Tiger Kingdom
- Transfer to your hotel in Chiang Mai or airport for departure
It was my first time being with the women of the tribe. Those rings around their necks look heavy, but when I see them walk around and do their daily activities, it is as if the rings were as light as feathers. Not this is what I call doing everything to achieve beauty.
The Karen Long Necks are extremely beautiful. When I was taking photos of them, I can't seem to escape their curious eyes. The brass rings around their necks looked like it hurt, but when I asked one woman she said that she's used to it that the brass rings feel natural.