Cai Be Village and Floating Market Adventures in Vietnam | Join-In Group Tour
- Trip Duration: 10.5hs
- Available Languages: English
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Want to immerse yourself in Vietnamese culture in a very different manner? Book this tour today, and take a nice relaxing ride down the Mekong River, as you head towards the local floating market of Cai Be.
Floating Markets are must-see destinations, and getting there is also a pleasurable experience. Though most people take a two to four-wheeled vehicle to get there, nothing beats a trip down the Mekong River. The Mekong River will show you a different side of Vietnam, as the locals and wildlife surround your quiet journey. Once you arrive at your destination, you can explore the goods and produce of the floating market, before visiting the other destinations like the Delta house and a family-run rice paper business. This package includes pick-up and drop-off services to and from your hotel. Other outside or personal expenses will be handled by you.
- Depart Ho Chi Minh City for a scenic morning drive through the Mekong Delta.
- On arrival at Caibe, Take a boat trip along the mighty Mekong River and its tributaries to view the daily lives of people who work and play on the waterways of the Mekong Delta. The trip includes visits to the floating market at Cai Be, to an authentic Delta house, to a fruit wholesale market, and to a family-run business producing rice paper – a key ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine.
- Then continue cruising downstream Mekong River to Bentre (3 hrs cruising on local boat). Enjoy picnic lunch on board with Bread, fruits & bottled water.
- On arrival at Mytho, enjoy a brief walk on the island, trying native fruits. Visit a bee farm and to enjoy tea and candies. Float on a sampan through the narrow, tree-lined canals of the Mekong Delta.
- Drive back to HCMC in the afternoon.
- Arrive back hotel at around 5.30PM. End of service.
Going on this trip was something I really needed. Everything was calm and relaxing, and I have no complaints at all. The floating market was very enjoyable. I got to pick-up a couple of Vietnamese ingredients for a home cooked meal, and bought a couple of souvenirs for my family back home.
Choosing the river over the road was the best decision I’ve ever made. There really is so much more to see in Vietnam. The floating market was the highlight, but I preferred the time I visited the rice paper business. It baffles me that this ingredient is so thin and yet elegant. The silk fabric of food, if you know what I mean.