Maeklong Train Market & Damnoen Saduak Floating Market – Full Day
Includes: Transport, guide, train ride, temple visit, canal tour, lunch.
Experience the Maeklong Railway market from a train running at close proximity to the stalls
Get up close and personal with Bangkok daily life at Saduak floating market
Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch where locals go
Private car transportation
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 6hs
- Available Languages: English/Thai
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Certified tour guide / instructor
We bet not everyone on the ‘Gram can attest to experiencing Bangkok like this. Imagine walking through a narrow market of local produce when you hear the deafening sound of a horn. Immediately see shop fronts drag their awnings back to just the precise inch that lets the public transportation through get a glimpse of what it’s like for local Thai to buy and sell at the Maeklong Railway Market. It’s best to arrive early and be prepared to walk to really gain the full experience.
“It's an experience not to be missed when you are in Bangkok. Cheaper to buy souvenirs here as compared to floating market.” – Chatelaine, Singapore
“If you are visiting Bangkok this is a must do experience. I only knew of this market from an internet video, but it has to be seen to be believed. It feels authentic Thai and doesn’t feel like a tourist trap.” – Jeremiahm, UK
“We were actually on the train that slowly rolled through the market and so we had a bird’s eye view of the tourists, locals and the stall canopies as they folded back into place.” – Warrnambool, Australia
While there, walk to the biggest and most colorful floating market in the city. The Damnoen Saduak Floating Market outside of Bangkok is a tourist destination that has claimed its fame from the orchid farm and coconut producers it visits along the way. Guides give guests the freedom to wander the winding tunnels of the market, but even from within the boat, visitors can feel the vibrancy of the floating market. Piles of vegetables and flowers line the stalls while bargains of the produce await.
- 7.00 am
- Meet up at meeting point then head to Maeklong Railway Market by van or car
- 8.20 am
- Take a short train ride at Lat Yai Station to observe and watch the train running through the middle of this market. The highlight is that the train tracks running straight down its middle, the sellers will pull back their big umbrellas just before the train comes.
- 8.30 am
- Arrive at Maeklong Railway Market by train. Then walk around the market.
- 9.00 am
- Observe the train departure and watch the train running through the middle of this market again. Then continue walking around the market for a little bit.
- 9.20 am
- Vist Wat Ban Laem which is the old temple and respected by the locals in Maeklong District. At the temple you will observe how Buddhist people making merit.
- 10.15 am
- Take the canal tour to see how Thais living along the canal at Tha Ka Market and visit a small and well-known local factory that produce coconut sugar, you will absorb the local culture and Thai way of life throughout canal tour and coconut sugar process.
- 11.30 am
- Arrive at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market then look around the local products at the market. You have a chance to do some shopping here as well.
- 12.30 pm
- Have lunch at a local restaurant
- 13.20 pm
- Head back to Bangkok
- 15.30 pm
- Arrive at Bangkok, drop off at the meeting point
I have never seen a market build right beside the railway! And there still have real trains passing by, that´s soooo much fun! Very interesting way to experience local life, and you can also buy some local food and products in the floating market, if you want to feel the real Thai style life, you can never miss this one!