Canal Adventure like locals do
- Trip Duration: 6.5hs
- Available Languages: English
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Experience a new means of transportation, and ride a riverboat through Bangkok's famous canal. See landmarks - both old and new - and get to meet the locals who travel like this everyday.
You'll ride a riverboat in the morning to visit the local morning market. Here, the sights and smells of native produce reawaken your senses as you head towards Wat Sai. From there, you will take a historical journey, and visit locations that hold religious importance. These include a temple that houses a one ton gold statue and the Forest Temple - a place where monks reside. Afterwards, you will visit an orchard nursery and enjoy nature for a short while. During lunch, the boat will stop at a canal side market where you can enjoy an authentic Thai meal. At the end of the trip, you will visit a 250 year old artist's house, which is being revitalized by the locals. Transportation from the beginning up until the end of this tour will be provided.
- Meet your tour guide at the meeting point
- Visit a local morning market at the temple beautifully covered with ceramics
- Visit a temple to see one ton gold statue and a skyline of old capital
- Go visit a Forest Temple to learn how is their life style
- Stop at a Orchid Nursery
- Lunch at the local Thai restarurant
- Go see 250 years old Thai community and Artist House
- Return to the meeting point
It was my first time riding a riverboat, and after this tour, it will certainly not be my last. I loved the calmness and coolness of the water. I was relaxed and in peace throughout the whole tour. I need to do this again because those temples we visited was just lovely.
This was absolutely the best part of my stay in Bangkok. I've always wanted to ride a riverboat. This tour did not disappoint me at all. Everything was perfect! The tour guide knew what he was talking about, the food was amazing, and the views are stunning. Will definitely do this again.