Sunrise Hike to Mount Batur Volcano and Hot Springs
Watch the sunrise over the clouds at Bali’s sacred Mount Batur
Trek 11 km (4 hours) through the jungle under a blanket of stars
Summit at the volcanic crater lake and take in panoramic views at the summit ridge
Relax in a hot spring with the view of the biggest lake in Bali and Mount Abang
Pickup and drop off to your hotel in a private car
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 10hs
- Available Languages: English
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Special gear and equipment
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Catch the sun rising above the clouds as you climb Bali's famous Mount Batur, an active volcano part of UNESCO’s Global Geopark Network. At sunrise, the sky turns from black to inky blue to pink and orange revealing the expanse of the volcanic valley.
The sunrise trek to Mount Batur volcano is considered an essential Bali experience. The famous volcano stands at 1,717 m (5,633 ft) above sea level, overlooking spectacular scenery with views of the crater lake, black lava landscape, and the massive peak of Gunung Agung, Bali’s holiest mountain and the highest point on the island.
It takes around 2 hours to reach the summit (1.5 if you're fast); the total hiking duration is usually 4 hours. Before light, we will be walking at cooler climes under an awe-inspiring blanket of stars. At the top, you’ll watch the sun come up over a sea of clouds before continuing to trek around the crater lake and summit ridge. You'll be given a hot beverage and a sandwich + egg to revive your spirits. After exploring recent lava flows and younger craters, we’ll head down to loop back to the starting point through a unique volcanic landscape full of native flora and fauna (watch out for the tall grass with purple blooms), encountering mischievous Balinese long-tailed macaques along the way. Now it's time to treat you muscle and chill up in the natural hot spring over looking to the biggest lake in Bali and Mount Abang. If you want to skip the hot spring, just join this one Sunrise Hike To Mount Batur Volcano.
Travelers must be up and early to begin their trek to make it in time for the break of dawn. You will arrive at the starting point at 3:30am and will begin with a short briefing. Arriving at the top of Mt. Batur takes 1.5-2 hours (3.5km); the total distance of the trail is around 11km.
Note: Pickup/Drop off included in the price listed. Please inform the name of your hotel during the checkout process.
Aside from the sunrise, I thought a particularly beautiful section of the hike was the grassland with purple flowers making for a magical scene.- Morena Travels
- Hotel pick-up (depending on place of stay)
- Arrive at the starting point
- Short briefing. Trek Start
- Arrive at the top of the volcano; watch the sunrise with a hot beverage and snack provided
- Trek back to the starting point
- Drive to hot springs
- Estimated time of arrival back to your hotel (earlier if in Ubud)
- Pickup is available from any location.(Free pick up from-Kuta,Legian,Seminyak,Jimbaran,Sanur,Krobokan,Canggu,Nusa dua,Ubud; Extra charge for pick up- Lovina,Amed, Tulamben 150K/Pax ,Candidasa 100K / Pax). For group bookings, exact pickup time depends on participants respective locations. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time