Cu Chi Tunnels and Ho Chi Minh City Tour
Visit the historic Cu Chi Tunnels
Explore French Colonial architecture at the Notre Dame Cathedral
Visit the iconic Reunification Palace and War Remnants Museum
Shop at the popular Ben Thanh Market in Ho Chi Minh City
- Trip Available tomorrow
- Trip Duration: 9hs
- Available Languages: English
- Pickup & drop off to your hotel
- Instant Confirmation
- Food and/or beverages
- Certified tour guide / instructor
Step back in history with this day tour that will take you from the maze-like tunnels of Cu Chi to the historical buildings and museums of Ho Chi Minh City. After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, you’ll be picked up and taken to the popular tourist attraction, the Cu Chi Tunnels.
During the Vietnam War, this complex tunnel system stretched over 250 km – from Saigon to the Cambodian border – and included trap doors, storage facilities, hospitals, kitchens, and living quarters. Upon arriving at Cu Chi, you’ll be shown a quick introduction video before exploring this unique underground world. You’ll get a real sense of what it was like to successfully wage guerrilla warfare against the most powerful military on earth, which came with no small sacrifices.
For those who tend to wax claustrophobic, the green expanse of Chu Chi’s grounds is a wonder to explore. Try your hand at wartime AK-47s or M16s at the shooting range, taste the sweet potato period staple that kept the Viet Cong fighters alive, see how they recycled old tyres into sandals to protect their feet, or (for the culinarily curious) try the bottled snake / scorpion wine at the souvenir shop.
After you emerge from the tunnels of Cu Chi, you’ll be driven back to Ho Chi Minh City to enjoy a lunch of traditional Vietnamese Pho before continuing on to the Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office. Built between 1877 and 1883, the cathedral is a prime example of French colonial architecture. Enjoy snapping photos before heading to the Reunification Palace, which is considered one of the most important buildings in the city. It is here, in April 1975, that the Vietnam War officially ended.
Later, you’ll visit the War Remnants Museum for a somber visit to the ‘Requiem’ exhibit that honors both foreign and Vietnamese journalists who lost their lives in the war. After a day spent feeding your inner history buff, you’ll unwind at the iconic Ben Thanh Market where everything from excellent Salvatore Ferragamo shoe imitations to traditional silk ao dais are sold.
- Hotel pick-up, drive to Cu Chi tunnels
- Arrive at Cu Chi tunnels, quick introductory video
- Explore Cu Chi tunnel grounds and activities, underground maze
- Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City for a traditional lunch of Vietnamese noodle soup
- Head to the iconic Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office
- Drive to the Reunification Palace, one of the most important places in the city
- Arrive at the War Remnants Museum and step back in history to explore the Vietnam War
- Head to the iconic Ben Thanh Market for some evening souvenir shopping
- The tour now over, guests have the option to be transported back to their hotels or stay and explore the Ben Thanh Market on their own
I'm a culture buff and this is one of the must-visit places for me to see while I was in Ho Chi Minh. Our guide was also very knowledgeable about the history of the tunnels and I definitely learned a lot after the tour.