- Explore the wonderfully atmospheric Gion district at night
- Gain a deeper understanding of Japan’s culture and traditions from a friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Wander around traditional backstreets, visit offbeat temples and shrines, and even get to catch a glimpse of a geiko or maiko (apprentice geiko)
- Book at any time – last-minute bookings are accepted!
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small group tour (no more than 9 people)
Free cancellation (before 24 hours)
The TripGuru Promise
- Small Groups (max 5-9 people)
- Awesome Local Guides
- Curated Itineraries
- Comfortable Private Cars
- Solo Traveler Friendly
Solo Traveler Friendly
- English-speaking tour guide
- Walking tour
- Drinking water
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals and other drinks
- Personal expenses
Meet at the meeting point
Guided Walking Tour (get to visit Hanamikoji, Yasaka Shrine, Shirakawa dori, Pontocho, and more)
End of tour
Kyoto Kawaramachi Garden corner, under the Food Hall Edon sign or next to the mall entrance. Your guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point wearing a TripGuru shirt or holding a TripGuru sign.
Sanjo Ohashi Bridge
Kindly be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the stated meeting time. Our tour guides will only wait a maximum of 10 minutes before proceeding to the next stop.
If you are headed to the meeting point, we would like to stress that heavy traffic in the morning is expected, and can vary greatly when compared to the travel time stated in navigation apps (e.g. Google Maps, Waze, etc.). Please make sure to consider leaving with enough time to reach your destination.
Consideration for the Maiko/Geiko
Kindly be respectful and considerate when photographing Geiko and Maiko if you encounter them in Kyoto. Please remember to keep a distance and avoid interrupting their daily lives. We recommend using a longer lens, giving them space, and if they come close, stepping out of their path and offering a smile, a quick bow, and a thank you.
Note: The timings may differ based on the selected timeslot
(based on 82 reviews)
There are no reviews on this tour yet!